Here are the steps to turn on user provisioning in our IDP. As an example, we will be setting up Active Directory for user provisioning. At the end of this setup guide, we will have configured Active Directory for user provisioning. The admin will be able to perform operations like import, create, delete, update, change password from miniOrange console and these changes will be reflected in the Active Directory.
To configure user provisioning feature refer to the steps given below:
- Login to the Admin Console as a customer.
- Go to the User Stores, Click on Add Users Store.
- Configure ldap as a User Store to set up user provisioning with AD/LDAP. You can choose any of the user store mentioned there.
- Store LDAP Configuration in miniOrange: Keep configuration in miniOrange. Make sure to open the firewall to allow incoming requests to your LDAP.
- Store LDAP Configuration On-Premise: Keep configuration in your premise and only allow access to LDAP inside premises. You will have to download and install miniOrange gateway in your premise.
- Go to the User Store and search for your User Store. Click on the Import Users in Action menu against your user store.
- It will redirect you to User Provisioning settings.
- Select the Active Directory from the drop down menu.
- Check the provisioning features.
- Enter the user Unique identifier like email, cn, sAMAccountName etc.
- Click on the Save Button to save the configuration and you will see the successful message on the top.
- To import the users from Active Directory, go to the User Provisioning, Click on the Import Users button.
- Select the Active Directory from the drop down menu and save the configuration.
- Now go to the Users >> User List and you will find the all the users imported from Active Directory.
- To create a user in miniOrange, Go to Users >> User List >> click on the Add User button. Fill out user basic information and click on Create User button.
- After creating user in miniOrange it will automatically create the same user in Active Directory.