For web applications that do not provide support for federated single sign-on, miniOrange provides Secure Single-Sign on browser plugins for SSO. Here, it is enabled on an application, where end-users see an icon on their home pages and browsers, through this users can set and update their credentials. ( In the secure store for that application only).
miniOrange supports all browser extension:
- miniOrange Secure Single Sign-On Plugins for SSO support all popular web browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Browser plugin a secure driven post to the application login page, signing in the user automatically on their behalf. - The plug-in does not store the credentials anywhere and they are discarded once the user has signed into the application.
- Users' credentials are stored in an encrypted format by using AES encryption with the combination of a customer-specific private key. When a user clicks the application icon, miniOrange securely posts the username/password to the app login page over SSL and the user is automatically logged in.
Step 1: Configure app in miniOrange
- Login as a customer from the Admin Console.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps. Click the Configure Apps button.
- Click on the Browser Add-On/Form Post tab. And select the App from the pre-defined apps list. If Your app is not on the list, follow Step 2 else skip to Step 3.
Step 2: Create Custom App in miniOrange (Optional)
- Click Add Custom App
- Configure your app. Add app name, Login page URL, Select Type as SIMPLE_LOGIN, Add QuerySelectors for Username, Password and Sign-in/Login Button.
(Click here to learn more about QuerySelectors. or reach out to us @ firstname.lastname@example.org for help).
||When its a Simple form with Username, password and a button to Login
||When along with username and password, there is another field that requires (constant like account id or domain) input
||When the login form loads after a button click only.
||When username and password are on separate pages.
||When a click is required before submitting the form.
- Your App is now added in List.
Step 3: Activate the App
- Select Group name as default.
- If each user has a different username and password for the app, admin should choose an Individual Login Account option, so that users can save their username and password from the user portal themselves.
- If multiple users are allowed to access the app via the same credentials assigned by admin, admin should choose share Login Account option.
- Click on the Save button.
Step 4: Configure Login Credentials
- Go to miniOrange dashboard and select User Dashboard from the right side menu.
- Scroll down on the same page under the section of configure your cloud apps section and search for your app.
- On your app icon, you will find a setting option. Click on it and select Configure.
- Enter your Username and Password in the popup.
- Click on Save to securely store your credentials.
Step 5: Download and Install Browser Extension.
- Scroll up on the same page, under the SIGN-IN TO YOUR FAVOURITE CLOUD APPS section and search for your app.
- On your app icon, click on the download symbol.
- You will be redirected to add extension page. Now, click on the Add to Chrome.
- Click on Add extension.
- Now, miniOrange extension is installed in your Chrome Browser.
- You will be prompted to download the miniOrange extension. Click on the Allow button.
- Now, miniOrange extension is installed to your browser.
- A pop up screen will appear asking to download miniOrange extension or else go to the download settings of safari.
- Click on the miniOrange extension popup to download the extension.
For Internet Explorer
- A .zip will be download.
- Extract the .zip file and open the readme.txt file.
- Follow the instructions in the readme file to install the extension in IE.
- Restart the IE browser
Step 6: Login to your Application via Configured App.
- Click on the configured app in your user-dashboard to Login to your application.
- You will be redirected to your Application's Login page.
- The miniOrange browser SSO extension will fill your login credentials and will log you in automatically.
Step 7: Embed this application link in your website/user portal.
- Go to admin dashboard -> Apps -> search for your app -> Click on Link in Action menu against your app.
- Copy the app link and paste it anywhere on your website - User portal/ Apps Dashboard /Menu, etc.