For web applications that do not provide support for federated single sign-on, miniOrange provides Secure Single-Sign on browser plugins for SSO. Here, it is enabled on an application, where end users see an icon on their home pages and browsers, through this users can set and update their credentials. ( In the secure store for that application only).
miniOrange supports all browser extension:
- miniOrange Secure Single Sign-On Plugins for SSO support all popular web browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer and Microsoft edge.
- Browser plugin a secure driven post to the application login page, signing in the user automatically on their behalf. - The plug-in does not store the credentials anywhere and they are discarded once the user has signed into the application.
- Users credentials are stored in an encrypted format by using AES encryption with the combination of a customer-specific private key. When a user clicks the application icon, miniOrange securely posts the username/password to the app login page over SSL and the user is automatically logged in.
Step 1: Configure miniOrange Settings for your App
- Login as a customer from Admin Console.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps. Click Configure Apps button.
- Click on Browser Add-On/Form Post tab. And select the App. ( If you are unable to find the app in the list then please contact us.)
- Select Group name as default.
- If each user has a different username and password for the app, admin should choose an Individual Login Account option, so that users can save their username and password from the user portal themselves.
- If multiple users are allowed to access the app via the same credentials assigned by admin, admin should choose share Login Account option.
- Click on the Save button.
- Go to miniOrange dashboard and select User Dashboard from the right side menu.
- Scroll down on the same page under the section of configure your cloud apps section and search for your app. ( If you are unable to find app in this list then please contact us.)
- On your app icon, you will find a setting option. Click on it and select Configure.
- Once you are done with the configuration, scroll up on the same page, under the SIGN-IN TO YOUR FAVOURITE CLOUD APPS section search for your app. On your app icon, click on the download symbol.
- It will redirect you to add extension page. Now, click on the Add to Chrome.
- Click on Add extension.
- Now, miniOrange extension is added in your extension.
- For the Firefox browser, click on the download symbol.
- It will ask to download the miniOrange extension. Click on the Allow button.
- Now, miniOrange extension is added to your browser.
- For Safari, click on the download icon, pop up screen will appear asking to download miniOrange extension or else go to the download settings of safari.
- Click on the miniOrange extension popup to download the extension.
- Click on the app icon from miniOrange user portal, you will be redirected to your app's login page.
Step 2: Steps to embed this application link in your own website/user portal
- Go to admin dashboard -> Apps -> search for your app -> Click on Link in Action menu against your app.
- Copy the app link and paste it anywhere on your own website - User portal/ Apps Dashboard /Menu, etc.