Login with Oracle Database as User Store
miniOrange provides ready to use Single Sign-On solution using Oracle Database.This solution ensures that you are ready to roll out secure access to any of your application using Oracle Database Credentials within minutes.
Where is SSO (Single Sign-On) with Oracle Database applicable?
Various User Stores i.e. CRM/HRM/CMS/LMS where users are stored, do not support Single Sign-On or any other authentication protocol inherently.Here miniOrange Oracle Database SSO solution comes into the picture and provides different SSO services to these type of applications.
Step 1: Setup Oracle Database as Authentication Source
Step 2: Test Oracle Database Connnection:
- In order to check if connection is established with the OracleDB or not, Test Connection is required to be done.Kindly navigate to Select >> Test Connection.
- Enter the credentials of the user, stored in the User Table of the corresponding Database for testing if the connection is correctly established.Click on Test to check if connection was successful or not.
- If Test Connection is successful, you are good to go!.The success message for the Test Connection will look like :--
- If Test Connection is not successful,kindly check your configuration once again or contact your administrator.Another probable reason can be that, you are entering wrong credentials for Test Connection.
Step 3: Test Attribute Mapping:
- Navigate to Select >> Edit in the corresponding Database User Store for which you want to perform Test Attribute Mapping action.On the configuration page, enable Send Configured Attributes.If you enable this option, then only the attributes configured below will be sent in attributes at the time of login.
- In order to check if the attributes you have added are mapped correctly with reference to the Database or not, Test Attribute Mapping is required to be done.Kindly navigate to Select >> Test Attribute Mapping.
- Enter the credentials of the user stored in the User Table of the corresponding Database and,click on Test to check if the attributes are fetched properly or not.
- If Test Attribute Mapping is successful, you will see a table which looks like :--
- Suggested Attributes that you can map are the attributes which were added by you during configuration.
- Configured Attributes Fetched for the User Account are the attributes which are basically the attributes corresponding to the user fetched from the User Table of the Database which is being used as an authentication source.
- If Test Attribute Mapping is not successful,it means that wrong credentials were entered or the user is not present in the User Table.You should get result as:-
Step 4: User Provisioning
- Navigate to Users >> User Provisioning settings.
- Select the Database from the drop down menu.
- Check the provisioning features.
- To import the users from Database, go to the User Provisioning, Click on the Import Users button.
- Select the Database from the drop down menu and save the configuration.
- Now go to the Users >> User List and you will find the all the users imported from Database.
Step 5: Configure Your application in miniOrange
- With us, You can configure application according to the the protocol it supports like SAML, OAuth, JWT, Ws-fed etc.
- For example lets say the application supports SAML. Then go with the configurations Shown in SAML Application Tab.
- Login to miniOrange Admin Console.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps Click Configure Apps button.
- Then click on SAML tab. Search for Custom App.
- Get the ACS URL and SP Entity ID from your application.
- Enter the following values OR click on Import SP Metadata:
|Service Provider Name
|| Choose appropriate name according to your choice
|SP Entity ID or Issuer
||Your Application Entity ID
|ACS URL X.509 Certificate (optional)
||Your Application Assertion Consumer Service URL
- Click on Save to configure Your applcation.
- Now to get the IDP metadata of the app configured, Go to apps >> your_app >> select >> metadata tab.
- Click on the Show Metadata details in the Information required to Authenticate via External IDPs section. Download the metadata XML file by clicking on Download Metadata button or copy the Metadata URL link.
- You need to Upload this metadata in your application.
What is Single Sign-On(SSO)?
SSO services for SAML/OAuth Applications?