miniOrange IDP allows you to configure SparkPost as your SMTP email provider hence giving you freedom to manage, monitor, and troubleshoot your email communications.
- For Cloud Version - If your SMTP/Email servers are behind a firewall, make sure to open the right ports and allow inbound connections from our IP Addresses. Contact us to get the information.
- For On-Premise Version - If your SMTP/Email servers are behind a firewall, make sure to open the right ports and allow inbound connections from your server's IP Addresses.
- Enable the option Enable your Email Provider by navigating to IDP Dashboard > Customization > Configure your email gateway.
- You need to have a Sparkpost account.
- Log in to your SparkPost account.
- Proceed to SparkPost Configuration > Sending Domains, and add your custom domain. SparkPost requires a verified sending domain.
- Move to SparkPost Account API Keys, and click New API key. Copy this key value and ensure it has Transmissions: Read/Write access or Send via SMTP, enabled.
- The hostname is smtp.sparkpostmail.com. The Username is SMTP_Injection.The port number can be saved as 587.The password is the API key saved from the previous step.
- Under the miniOrange SMTP gateway configuration settings, save the values as shown below:
- Click on Save.
- Once the SMTP is set, you can enter a test email and click on Test Configuration to be able to verfy if the SMTP flow is working or not.
- If you haven't registered a custom domain with SparkPost, you can send a maximum of five test emails from the sparkpostbox.com domain. For more details, see Transmissions: The Sandox Domain