miniOrange IDP allows you to configure Gmail as your own SMTP email provider hence giving you freedom to manage, monitor, and troubleshoot your email communications.
- For Cloud Version - If your SMTP/Email servers are behind a firewall, make sure to open the right ports and allow inbound connections from our IP Addresses. Contact us to get the information.
- For On-Premise Version - If your SMTP/Email servers are behind a firewall, make sure to open the right ports and allow inbound connections from your server's IP Addresses.
- Enable the option Enable your Email Provider by navigating to IDP Dashboard > Customization > Configure your email gateway.
- You need to have a Gmail account.
- Enter smtp.gmail.com as your host.
- Input 465 (SSL) or 587 (TLS) as SMTP port.
- The Username and Password is your Gmail account credentials
- Under the miniOrange SMTP gateway configuration settings, save the values as shown below:
- Click on Save.
- Once the SMTP is set, you can enter a test email and click on Test Configuration to be able to verfy if the SMTP flow is working or not.