Okta Single Sign On (SSO) for Your Application miniOrange provides a ready to use solution for Your application. This solution ensures that you are ready to roll out secure access to your application using Okta within minutes.
Using our broker service you can SSO into any app. You can configure Okta IDP which supports SAML to single sign-on into apps that support SAML or any other protocols like OAuth, OpenID Connect, JWT, etc.
Step 1: Configure miniOrange as SP in Okta
Step 2: Configure Okta as IDP in miniOrange
- Go to miniOrange Admin Console.
- From the left navigation bar select Identity Provider. Select SAML.
- Now navigate to Sign on tab from Okta & select View Setup Instructions. After selection View Setup Instructions it will open new tab which contains Single Sign-On URL, Identity Provider Issuer & X.509 Certificate copy these data. These data is required for adding Identity Source in miniOrange.
- Enter appropriate IdP Name. Also add following details
|IdP Entity ID
||Identity Provider Issuer from Okta
|SAML SSO Login URL
||Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL from Okta
||X.509 Certificate from Okta
- Few other optional features that can be added to the Identity Provider(IDP) are listed in the table below:
||Can be used to redirect specific domain user to specific IDP
|Show IdP to Users
||Enable this if you want to show this IDP to all users during Login
|Send Configured Attributes
||Enabling this would allow you to add attributes to be sent from IDP
- Click on save.
Step 3: Test Connection
- Go to Identity Providers tab.
- Click on Select>>Test Connection option against the Identity Provider you configured.
- On entering valid Okta credentials you will see a pop-up window which as shown in below screen.
Step 4: Configure Your application in miniOrange
- Login to miniOrange Admin Console.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps Click Configure Apps button.
- Here you add your application according to the the protocol it supports like SAML, OAuth, JWT, Ws-fed etc.
- For example lets say the application supports SAML. Then click on SAML tab. Search for Custom App.
- Get the ACS URL and SP Entity ID from your application.
- Enter the following values OR click on Import SP Metadata:
|Service Provider Name
|| Choose appropriate name according to your choice
|SP Entity ID or Issuer
||Your Application Entity ID
|ACS URL X.509 Certificate (optional)
||Your Application Assertion Consumer Service URL
- Click on Save to configure Your applcation.
- Now to get the IDP metadata of the app configured, Go to apps >> your_app >> select >> metadata tab.
- Click on the Show Metadata details in the Information required to Authenticate via External IDPs section. Download the metadata XML file by clicking on Download Metadata button or copy the Metadata URL link.
- You need to Upload this metadata in your application.
Setup Multiple IDPs (Optional)
You also have a choice to set multiple IDPS for Single Application. And there are two ways to represent them :
- Login using IDP selection page: gives user an option to Select IDP from dropdown list.
- Domain Mapping: Here we map the email domains to particular IDP. So when the user enters the Email address with specific domain he would be redirected to Respective IDP.
Note :At once you can select either of them.
A] Login using IDP selection page
- You can configure multiple IDPs (identity providers) and give users the option to select the IDP of their choice to authenticate with.
For Example - It could be multiple AD domains belonging to different departments or multiple okta organizations.
Few usecases where customers configure multiple IDPs -
- Suppose you have a product which many of your clients use and each client has their own unique IDP so you want them to SSO into your product as well using their existing IDP only. miniOrange provides a centralized way to connect with all IDPs in a very easy manner and integrate SSO into your application.
- Suppose you are providing a course to many universities, each having a unique IDP like Shibboleth, ADFS, CAS, etc. You can provide single sign-on (SSO) into your course application to all these universities by integrating with all of them using a single platform provided by miniOrange.
- This is the endpoint to call from your saml application -
|For Cloud IDP -
|For On-Premise IDP -
You can see the screenshot below of the IDP Selection Page with a list of IDPs .
Note: To view the IDP in drop-down list ,go to Identity Providers tab > against your configured IDP > Select >Edit , here Enable the Show IdP to Users option.
- You can also change the look and feel of this page. Login to miniOrange Admin console. Navigate to Customization -> Branding Configuration. See the below screenshot for reference-
- You can customize the title of this page.
- You can change the logo and favicon for this page.
- You can change the background and button color for this page from admin UI.
B] Login via Domain Mapping
If you have multiple IDPs and you want a certain set of users to authenticate from one IdP whereas another set of users to authenticate from another IdP, based on their email domains then you can achieve this by using the following steps:- Our domain mapping feature