Invision Community Single Sign On (SSO) for Your Application miniOrange provides a ready to use Single Sign On (SSO)solution for your application. This solution
ensures that you are ready to roll out secure access to your application using Invision Community within
minutes.You just need to follow the few steps given below : Firstly you need to configure miniOrange
as Service Provider(SP) on Invision Community, then configure Invision as OAuth 2.0 Provider in
miniOrange & finally configure your application in miniOrange plugin. By Performing this steps
you will configure Single Sign On (SSO) for your application using Invision.
Step 1: Configure miniOrange as Service Provider (SP) in Invision Community
- Go to https://invisioncommunity.com/login and log into your invision community account.
- On your Invision Community, go to AdminCP -> System -> REST & OAuth and click on Create New.
- To get the Redirect URL:
- Go to miniOrange Admin Console.
- From the left navigation bar select Identity Provider.
- Copy the Callback URL as Redirect URL required for next step.
- Back in Invision Community, fill out the form selecting appropriate Client Type and enter the Redirect/Callback URL.
- You will then see a screen with Client ID, Client Secret, Scopes and Endpoints, you will need to enter into miniorange oauth app configuration.
- You have successfully completed your Invision Community Oauth App configurations.
Step 2: Configure Invision Community as OAuth 2.0 Provider in miniOrange.
- Go to miniOrange Admin Console.
- From the left navigation bar select Identity Provider. Select Oauth
- Enter the following values.
|IdP Display Name
||Choose appropriate Name
|OAuth Authorize Endpoint
||OAuth Access Token Endpoint
||OAuth Get User Info Endpoint (optional)
||From step 1
||From step 1
Step 3: Configure your application in miniOrange
- With us, You can configure application according to the the protocol it supports like SAML, OAuth, JWT, Ws-fed etc.
- For example lets say the application supports SAML. Then go with the configurations Shown in SAML Application Tab.
- Login to miniOrange Admin Console.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps. Click on Configure Apps button.
- Then click on Create App under SAML.
- Search for you Application. In case you do not find your app, search for Custom SAML App.
- Get the ACS URL and SP Entity ID from your application.
- Enter the following values OR click on Import SP Metadata:
|Service Provider Name
|| Choose appropriate name according to your choice
|SP Entity ID or Issuer
||Your Application Entity ID
|ACS URL X.509 Certificate (optional)
||Your Application Assertion Consumer Service URL
- Click on Save to configure Your applcation.
- Now to get the IDP metadata of the app configured, Go to apps >> your_app >> select >> metadata tab.
- Click on the Show Metadata details in the Information required to Authenticate via External IDPs section. Download the metadata XML file by clicking on Download Metadata button or copy the Metadata URL link.
- You need to Upload this metadata in your application.
Step 4: Login using IDP selection page (Optional)
- You can configure multiple IDPs (identity providers) and give users the option to select the IDP of their choice to authenticate with.
For Example - It could be multiple AD domains belonging to different departments or multiple okta organizations.
Few usecases where customers configure multiple IDPs -
- Suppose you have a product which many of your clients use and each client has their own unique IDP so you want them to SSO into your product as well using their existing IDP only. miniOrange provides a centralized way to connect with all IDPs in a very easy manner and integrate SSO into your application.
- Suppose you are providing a course to many universities, each having a unique IDP like Shibboleth, ADFS, CAS, etc. You can provide single sign-on (SSO) into your course application to all these universities by integrating with all of them using a single platform provided by miniOrange.
- This is the endpoint to call from your saml application -
|For Cloud IDP -
|For On-Premise IDP -
You can see the screenshot below of the IDP Selection Page with a list of IDPs .
Note: To view the IDP in drop-down list ,go to Identity Providers tab > against your configured IDP > Select >Edit , here Enable the Show IdP to Users option.
- You can also change the look and feel of this page. Login to miniOrange Admin console. Navigate to Customization -> Branding Configuration. See the below screenshot for reference-
- You can customize the title of this page.
- You can change the logo and favicon for this page.
- You can change the background and button color for this page from admin UI.