Single Sign-On (SSO) into Sitefinity portal using miniOrange IDP:-
Another school that approached us for Single Sign-On (SSO) uses Active Directory as the user store to store the credentials and user data. They use Sharepoint, OWA(Outlook Web App) and custom Azure applications for their use case. They also use Atlassian Jira Service Desk and Confluence.
They were building a new centralized web portal using Sitefinity CMS, which would act as a one-stop destination for all the users of their system. As all the authentication would take place at the Sitefinity portal which was built using ASP.net, miniOrange provides an ASP.net connector to work with Sitefinity. Using this ASP.net connector we were able to perform SSO authentications at Sitefinity CMS.
The above use-case was implemented using miniOrange Identity Services as follows:-
- An end-user accesses the Sitefinity portal or tries to access one of the applications from the portal. [Step 1]
- The user is redirected to the miniOrange endpoint for authentication using the ASP.net connector. [Step 2]
- miniOrange endpoint validates the credentials submitted by the user with Active Directory as the identity source. [Step 3]
- A session is set for that user and now he can access any of the applications provided by the Web Portal without the need of logging in to each of them separately. [Step 4 & 5]
- On successful authentication at miniOrange endpoint, the user is redirected back to the portal or the app he requested for. [Step 6]